I can’t quite believe it, but I’m writing this blog post on the two year anniversary of us arriving in New Zealand! To mark this milestone, I’ve decided to compile a bit of a visual best of; photos that capture my top 10 New Zealand memories and experiences from the past couple of years. Many of these are destinations that have already featured on the blog, but I’m so behind on my writing that there are several new places I want to shine a spotlight on too. (I promise upcoming posts on all of them!)
I consider New Zealand my adoptive country in many ways, but of course I’m hardly a local. So with that caveat, here are my very favourite New Zealand highlights in no particular order.
My top 10 New Zealand experiences
4. Taking in pristine coastal beauty from a tallship and parasailing in the Bay of Islands
6. Glimpsing a whale, Kaikoura
10. Spotting wildlife and getting lost in the natural beauty of New Zealand, multiple locations
I decided to limit myself to a top 10 to keep this from getting too lengthy, but here are a few extras that deserve a mention!
- The monumental beauty of Milford Sound
- Seeing Hector’s dolphins off the coast of Akaroa
- Ziplining in Rotorua and Queenstown
- Art Deco architecture in Christchurch and Napier
Over to you
If you’ve visited New Zealand or live here, what are/were your top experiences? I’d love to hear!
Pin the image below!